In October 2019 Drew Foam Group acquired Davis Core & Pad Company from Joel Davis.
"I have known Joel Davis and done business with his company for many years. We are excited to have Davis Core as part of the Drew Foam team. Davis Core allows us to expand our geographic reach and enhances our product offering," said Drew Foam CEO, Bill Givens.
Drew Foam Companies, Inc. has been molding and fabricating EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) since 1965 and is dedicated to providing its customers with cost effective EPS solutions. The Drew Foam team takes great pride for its decades of providing outstanding customer service, creative designs, cost effective solutions, just in time delivery and in-house engineering.
The Davis Core & Pad location, which has been in operation for over forty years, will continue to supply shape molded Expanded Polystyrene products to a variety of customers throughout the eastern United States. From the moment our customers decide to utilize EPS foam packaging, our design team will create innovative, cost saving solutions to fit your need for protection, display and weight reduction. CNC technology allows for product testing and when the design is established, we will work to see that the product is manufactured to the standards specified. Attention to detail does not end until each delivery is precise and complete.
The facility has developed formal quality systems and is certified to the ISO 9001 - 2015 standard. This system is in place to assure our customers of the quality and performance that has been expected from our products for many years. The process begins with the original inquiry for packaging design and extends to your end use of the packaging products we deliver. We inspect, test, and evaluate our products and services in order to assure your requirements are met. Quite simply, the items that our customers depend on are manufactured with care and are delivered at the intervals specified by your production process.
We work hard to:
- Provide the best solutions to the packaging needs of each customer.
- Produce quality products in a timely manner that exceed expectations.
- Aim to achieve, sustain, and enhance customer satisfaction by continually improving our products and service.
The Production Process
Our production process begins with small plastic beads that are expanded by steam to the required density and then fused together with steam in aluminum molds within large hydraulic presses. The shock absorbing properties and other qualities of EPS foam, combined with its low-cost, high insulating properties, custom moldability and ease of processing make it a popular packaging material. Our engineering staff uses state of the art programs and CNC technology to design and produce cost effective and highly functional packaging for our customers. We are able to provide accurate prototype samples to satisfy the need for product development and testing.
These qualities make this product most outstanding for packaging and protecting valuable shipments
- Terrific insulation abilities
- Good first drop cushioning performance
- More energy efficient than corrugated paper
- Resistance to moisture
- May be molded to the exact packaging requirements of cushion, strength, and dimension
- Cost-effective due to less weight and easier handling
Insulated Shipping Containers
Safely ship everything from food to medical supplies. These EPS foam boxes provide excellent thermal insulation and are lightweight and sturdy. They may be ordered with an available 200# test corrugated shipping carton to fit. They may also be used with the KolBoy gel-paks for additional cooling. These containers provide reduced package assembly time and are reusable and recyclable.
Our products may be customized with silk screen designs or labels
Insulation and architectural details
Expanded Polystyrene is a lightweight yet strong material that gives architects, designers and builders the freedom and confidence to turn their visions into reality. A range of EPS densities provide energy efficiency, structural integrity, and cost-effectiveness. EPS roof insulation is reliable, cost-effective and compatible with major roofing materials and systems, Expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam is a closed-cell insulation that is manufactured by "expanding" a polystyrene polymer; the appearance is typically a white foam plastic insulation material (the likes of which can be found as merchandise packaging).
Field studies of EPS roof installations that are 20 to 25 years old and older show that EPS roofing insulation performs well in roof applications. EPS roof insulation has no thermal drift and does not use toxic blowing agents that diffuse out of the insulation
- Improves interior comfort and reduces high energy costs of keeping a building comfortable
- Stable R-value: no thermal drift like XPS or ISO
- Unlimited fabrication available:
- Variety of density, thickness, and size
- Optimum design flexibility for the architect and saves the roofer/applicator time and labor
- Quick production time with a lightweight and easy-to-handle product will simplify your operations and reduce labor costs
- EPS is unaffected by moisture. Nor does exposure to water, or water vapor cause swelling
- EPS withstands the rigors of temperature cycling, assuring long-term performance
- EPS will not support mold or mildew growth
- Contains no CFC, HCFC, or HFC blowing agents
- EPS is inert and stable and does not produce methane gas or contaminating leachates in the landfill
- EPS roof insulation is recyclable and environmentally friendly
- EPS is sustainable
Back to Top